My Experience with Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing

Image
I once thought that if I know something (probably because I've learnt it somehow), I am saving money because then I don't have to pay someone to do that chore for me. This notion of mine has been smashed and boinked all around the place for the last couple of days. I am talking about filing my ITR (Income Tax Returns). Context In the past, during my school days, I have seen my parents getting irritated by the whole process. It was very cumbersome at that time- No online portals to make your work easy. ITR filing in India was a nightmare. I have seen my parents to delegate that task to professionals, who do it for a fee. The problem was, my parents never seem to mind that much about tax. I mean, they did moan about the atrocity that the Indian tax system is, but that's the extent of their outrage. I felt at that time, if they knew more on tax, they would be able to save more on taxes and also would be able to do proper tax planning. Oh boy, what a sweet dream that was! My Li

WTB- What the Brain!!!!


We humans are pretty proud about our intelligence. We think that we are a superior species just because we are capable of complex things like art, poetry, calculus and what not. Have you ever thought that what exactly is behind all our complex activities? Even simple activities like walking, eating, talking etc. which might seem very easy far off, are not that easy at all. So, what is behind all these?


Well, there are many things, but primarily I am talking about brains here. So, brain is the squishy organ, weighing around 3 pound or about 1.5-2 kilogram sitting inside all of our head. If you are reading my blog, a lot of parts in your brain are actively working to make it happen. Some are working in tandem with your eyes to read this stuff off your phone or laptop or desktop screens. But hold on. Even a simple act of reading is not that easy at all. If you think carefully, our eye is just a modern camera made up of biological stuff. It can do only what your normal camera is able to do- have light rays enter through a certain place and create an image accordingly. But what exactly is an image? Some pixels, you might say. But then there’s the long and complex task of understanding what the content that image represents. This super complex task is done by our brain. The 3-dimensional picture of the reality is entering through our eyes and our brain is working to make sense of it. It understands where exactly are the edges of your device’s screen. When it encounters some squiggly strokes, it understands it as English script. Now understanding what the script means is a completely different ball game altogether and is handled by some other parts of the brain. So, just reading this ordinary (may be useless as well??🤔😅) stuff require a synchronous coordination and communication between different parts of our brain. Now think, how difficult it might be to read Shakespeare perhaps, or better, to write like Shakespeare.


Our brain is really pretty special, it seems. But sometimes, it’s not too. Like other biological organs, it has its own limitations. Still, there are lot of stuffs, which are unknown to us regarding our brain. I like to explore some of such things. If you are interested, hop on to this journey with me.


Oh! You might ask me who I am and why I am talking (actually writing) on this. I am nothing special. I have studied neuroscience in the past. I was involved in some research as well (I’ll talk about that someday). I learnt few things because I was interested in this topic. I’ll try to discuss what I know and also discuss things that I don’t know, hopefully with proper references for you to follow. I would also talk/ write about other things in this blog, which may or may not be of interest to you. So, just check those out as well.


Thanks for reading. Keep reading, stay safe!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Most Difficult Struggle

On Crypto assets- Do we worry?