My Experience with Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing

Image
I once thought that if I know something (probably because I've learnt it somehow), I am saving money because then I don't have to pay someone to do that chore for me. This notion of mine has been smashed and boinked all around the place for the last couple of days. I am talking about filing my ITR (Income Tax Returns). Context In the past, during my school days, I have seen my parents getting irritated by the whole process. It was very cumbersome at that time- No online portals to make your work easy. ITR filing in India was a nightmare. I have seen my parents to delegate that task to professionals, who do it for a fee. The problem was, my parents never seem to mind that much about tax. I mean, they did moan about the atrocity that the Indian tax system is, but that's the extent of their outrage. I felt at that time, if they knew more on tax, they would be able to save more on taxes and also would be able to do proper tax planning. Oh boy, what a sweet dream that was! My Li

Our Most Difficult Struggle

We are attacked; continuously and relentlessly. I am not talking about political or ideological attacks. What I want to discuss might even seem a bit ridiculous. But it’s true. And we are at a constant war with the environment. Our immune system is the barrier from us being consumed. And who are attacking us? They are numerous in numbers. There are billions and trillions of bacteria, virus, parasites, microbes and whole lot of things trying to get to us. Every breath we take, every surface you may touch every drop of seawater you might want to bathe in during vacation- all have this one thing in common. 

The constant battle our immune system fights may not seem obvious in normal time, but it becomes super apparent when we are without it. If you ever have the chance to be involved or to have knowledge about bone marrow transplants (like for people with leukaemia etc.), you would know that the old bone marrow cells need to be destroyed- essentially shutting down the immune system. These patients are one of the most vulnerable persons and need to be treated such (with sterilized food, minimal human contact, loads of antibiotics, anti-fungal etc.).  

Even if the immune system is not there for a few hours- the result can be catastrophic.

Let’s take another example- probably, a bit scary one. When we die, our immune system pack its’ bag and shut the hell up. Do you know what happens naturally after that? As soon as our immune system stop working, every bacterium, every virus in the vicinity start consuming our body cells. That’s why we start to rot.

Some people have a misconception- that the immune system is active only when we fall ill. That’s not true. Yes, sometimes our immune system can go crazy hyperdrive while other times it remains passively active. But that’s the thing- they are always active. I like to think of our immune system as the security system of any country- consisting of normal police, army, commandos and what not. During some occasion, you might think that the police has become a bit more active, but that doesn’t mean that they are inactive other times. For a smooth functioning of any society, you need a properly active security system and similarly for smooth functioning of a human body, you need an active immune system. So, never underestimate your immune system again!


Comments

  1. Really a interesting read. Now tell us about when this security system becomes over activated and end up taking normal citizens in. Those are life threatening situations as well, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. One of the key task our immune system needs to do is to identify and segregate cells of our own body vs any other foreign particles. When it can't do it properly, you see things like Auto-immune diseases and so on.

      Delete
  2. Good try of breaking of some myths,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Crypto assets- Do we worry?

WTB- What the Brain!!!!